Stock worth lakhs gutted in shoe showroom

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 08 Oct 2017 11:10:03


 

Staff Reporter,

COLOSSAL stock of leather footwear worth lakhs was gutted in fire that broke out at a showroom under jurisdiction of Lordganj Police Station on Saturday. Total seven fire tenders and water tankers were used to combat the fire. Firefighters had to toil hard for hours to douse the fire. The flames were controlled in time or else they could have spread in shops adjacent to the showroom. Reason behind the incident could not be ascertained but people said the fire broke out due to short circuit in wires.


Similarly, exact loss of property too is yet to be ascertained. Spokesman Fire Department informed that renowned shoe making company Bata has a showroom and godown on ground floor of a double storey building in Andherdeo. At around 1 pm, the Fire Department got information of the incident at the showroom. Immediately, as many as three fire tenders were pressed into action to combat the fire. But after reaching the site firefighters saw the fire had already engulfed the entire showroom and thick black fumes were billowing of the building so they immediately called for extra help. Accordingly, advanced fire tenders, foam fire tenders, water bowsers and water tankers were rushed to the site. Later, after combined efforts fire could be controlled from spreading into adjoining shops. The devastating fire triggered panic in the entire area. Thick black fumes were billowing from the showroom could be seen from a distance. Hundreds of shopkeepers who have their shops in the lane gathered at the site. After hours of hard toil firefighters were able to douse the fire completely.