Fire breaks out at Veterinary Joint Director’s office

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 14 Nov 2017 12:57:56


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Staff Reporter,

RAIPUR,

Nov 13,

A major incident was averted when the meeting hall of Joint Director’s office of Veterinary Services in Pandri market caught fire on Sunday night. The fire that broke out due to short-circuit automatically doused before anyone could see it in the night. The electric cables of the meeting hall caught fire, but the fire did not spread out and it was discovered only on Monday morning. According to information, fire broke out at about 12:30 am.

The matter came to notice on Monday morning when the on duty guard saw the black smoke marks on windows. Sources informed that false ceiling of the meeting hall turned black in the smoke. Plastic posters flex on the wall were burnt; three non working freezers kept in a corner of the hall for repairing purpose, one projector machine, projector screen, six wall fans, nine LED lights and a wall clock were gutted in the fire.

All four indoor units of Air conditioners were burnt in the incident. It was surprising that the fire did not spread to the wooden furniture and chairs kept on the middle of the meeting hall. Public Address System and more than 40 chairs kept in the hall were safe in the fire. Sources informed that all the windows in the meeting hall were closed during the incident because of which flow of oxygen was interrupted which helped in dousing the fire automatically.

In the morning the on duty guard Tiharu Ram Yadav reported the matter to the Joint Director Dr. Anjana Naidu over telephone, after which the officials rushed to the office. Official sources informed that a loss of about Rs 4.2 lakh has been reported in fire. Matter was reported with Mowa police station and further investigation was on.