Property worth lakhs gutted in fire near Dashmesh Dwar

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 15 Nov 2017 11:21:02


 

Staff Reporter,

Fire fighters had to toil hard for hours to douse the fire. They had to press into action as many as three fire tenders and tankers to extinguish the fire, which broke out following short circuit in electric wires

Colossal stock of curtains, matting, tables, furniture, fans, quilts, bed sheets, plastic chairs and articles used in decoration during marriage ceremony worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in fire that broke out at a Tent House near Dashmesh Dwar during early morning hours on Tuesday.
Fire fighters had to toil hard for hours to douse the fire. They had to press into action as many as three fire tenders and tankers to extinguish the fire, which broke out following short circuit in electric wires.


Spokesman Fire Department of Jabalpur Municipal Corporation informed that, one Naresh Gupta runs Madan Mahal Tent House near Dashmesh Dwar. At about 5.10 am, the Tent House caught fire. Some passersby crossing the area saw fumes billowing out of Tent House. They immediately informed the Police Control Room about the incident. The Police informed the Fire Department of the happening.


Wasting no time, the Fire Department rushed three fire tenders to the site to control fire. Within few minutes, fire fighters reached the spot. They saw thick black fumes and flames billowing out of the Tent House. plastic chairs, curtains, matting, fans and other allied items were burning badly. The fire fighters made hard toil for hours to douse the fire. In the incident, property worth Rs 3 to 4 lakh turned into ashes.


In another incident, a house situated in Gupta Colony, Garhaphatak caught fire at about 5.20 pm. Domestic articles worth nearly Rs 40,000 were gutted in the fire. Spokesman, Fire Department informed that one Rajesh Sahu lives in Garhaphatak. At about 5.20 pm, the house caught fire. Immediately, the house owner informed the Fire Department of the incident. Getting the information, the Fire Department pressed a fire tender into action to douse the fire. But, before the fire fighters could reach the spot, the fire spread into big portion of the house. Fire fighters saw domestic articles kept inside the house were burning. Huge flames were billowing out of the house. The incident created panic-like situation in the entire area. People came out of their houses and gathered at the site to know about the happening. They also tried to douse the fire, but their efforts proved in vain. The fire fighters had to toil hard for over an hour to control and douse the fire, but they were unable to protect household articles worth Rs 50,000 from gutting in the fire.