Fire breaks out in shop due to short circuit

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 23 Nov 2017 11:32:22


 

Staff Reporter,

Alertness of ASI on vigil in the area averted big incident

A fire broke out in a shop in the area of Chaitanya Market within the limits of Hanumanganj Police Station on Wednesday morning.


A policeman attached with the local police station saw the smoke billowing out of the building and informed team of fire brigade else it would have been a bigger disaster.


Assistant Sub Inspector Shashi Kumar, who was on patrolling at the time, said that he saw smoke in the building and in no time got the power supply snapped as it would lead to short circuit.


Later, he called teams of fire brigade after which three fire tenders battled for around 30 minutes to douse the flames.
Kumar said that the shopkeeper had placed the goods out of shop which were burning and there was fire inside the building as well.


However, he failed to ascertain the cause of fire but suspected that it would have been due to short circuit. He also said that exact loss would be ascertained as soon as the owner of shop is traced as he has not yet approached the police.