Fire at cotton ginning-pressing unit in Sai Nagar

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 26 Nov 2017 09:33:52


 

PROPERTY worth lakhs of rupees was reduced to ashes in fire that broke out at a cotton ginning-pressing unit at Bahadura in Sai Nagar on Saturday morning. Cotton, furniture and other material in the unit owned by Raju Chandak were gutted. However, no casualty was reported.Around 10 am, workers noticed fire in a shed and made futile efforts to douse the flames. They informed the Fire Brigade and factory owner Chandak.


A team of firefighters from Fire and Emergency Services Department of Nagpur Municipal Corporation rushed to the spot. Fire had already engulfed the entire unit. Seven fire tenders were pressed into service. Factory owner Chandak and his relatives also arrived and were shocked to see thick smoke billowing out of the unit.


After an hour, firefighters doused the flames and prevented the fire from spreading in the adjoining area. However, exact cause behind the fire could not be known so far.