Tiger dies of electrocution in Chimur

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 08 Nov 2017 09:15:13


 

Chandrapur Bureau,

A full-grown tiger died reportedly due to electrocution at Chimur in Brahmapuri Forest Division on Tuesday. The incident took place under Amadi beat of Chimur Forest Range of Bramhapuri division.


Tiger died of electrocution on farm of Vitthal Shende in Amadi (Begedi) village under Chimur Range. The incident came to light in the evening. The age of the tiger is said to to be 10 to 12 years.


According to the preliminary reports, the body of tiger was discovered in a farmland at Amadi-Begedi village of Chimur tehsil. On being informed, the forestmen reached on the spot.
The tiger must have died due to electrocution.
The forestmen recovered a lengthy wire from the spot. Looking at the carcass, there could be a possiblily of the culprits burning it in order to destroy the evidence.


Chief Conservator of Forest Vijay Shelke confirmed about recovery of carcass of tiger in Chimur tensil. He said that the reason behind death of the beast could be known after performing post-mortem on Wednesday morning.
This is the sixth case of tiger death in Vidarbha due to electrocution this year.