Wooden stock worth crores gutted in timber market
|Source: The Hitavada Date: 20 Mar 2017 12:13:51|
Massive fire broke out due to short circuit at timber house near Bharat talkies area, no casualty was reported in the incident
RAW material and wooden stock worth crores of rupees were gutted in inferno that erupted due to short circuit at a timber house near Bharat talkies area in the wee hours on the second consecutive Sunday.
Last Sunday, that is on March 12, a massive fire broke out at Mubarak timber near Indian Oil petrol pump in the same area in which stocks of timber worth Rs 30 lakh were turned into ashes. There are series of timber shops near Bharat Talkies and there is a petrol pump.
Chances always persist for major mishap. It was planned to shift all the timber shops to Chandpur but it has not been implemented so far.
Panic prevailed in the area after the fire took massive shape on Sunday morning. The fire spread rapidly engulfing the wood and raw material of furniture.
The stocks of wood and furniture were kept in godowns which were worth crores of rupees.
Immediately, fire brigade was informed regarding the incident and two dozen fire tender vehicles rushed to the spot. It took two hours to put off the fire. The fire tenders were able to control and pacify the fire around 9 am on Sunday which broke at around 5 am on Sunday.
Entire stretch covering Barkhedi, Bag Farhat, Bag Umarao Dulha, Pull Bogda, Bharat Talkies, would have been affected if fire was not timely doused otherwise; it would have been a major mishap as it is nearby petrol pump.The massive fire alerted the locals and officials immediately to rush to the spot as the spot is situated nearby petrol pump inviting any untoward incident, but the alert and prompt response from fire brigade helped to control the fire from spreading.
Apart from petrol pump the adjacent timber shops would have been damaged in the fire but fire was pacified before it could spread to the adjacent shops.
Fire Brigade In-charge Akhtar Ali said, two band saw machines were damaged which caught fire due to short circuit. We immediately pressed the fire fighters into service.
It took two hours to douse the fire. It is second fire incident within a week. Last Sunday, Mubarak Timber Shop was gutted.
Police and fire tender officials said, the circumstantial evidences suggest fire broke out due to short circuit. In the incident no casualty has been reported. Last Sunday, inferno gutted stock of timbers worth Rs 30 lakh at Mubarak Timber in old city on March 12.
Nearly three dozen fire fighters were pressed into service to douse the fire otherwise; it would have been a major mishap as petrol pump was just a few feet away.
Mubarak Timber Proprietor Mashuq Ali said, “Last time my timber shop was gutted this time, other timber shop has been gutted. Reason is same: Short circuit. There is petrol pump which is real problems for us.”