MANIT professors check over 70% copies in 2 days

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 18 May 2017 12:03:10


Staff Reporter,

Following orders of management, Professors of Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) evaluated about 70% answer sheets of over 1 lakh examinees in two days.


Professors have been given targeted to complete the evaluation process by Thursday evening. Institute director Vinod Singh said to declare the results by June 5. He said board members would meet on June 7 and convocation ceremony will be organized on June 8. MANIT has invited NIT Delhi board chairman and IIT Kanpur former director Professor SG Dhand as chief guest of the occasion. As director Singh gave strict orders to the faculties, all professors started evaluating copies rapidly and completed about 70 per cent task by Tuesday evening. They said remaining 30 per cent copies will be checked by Thursday evening.


While meeting with faculties, director Singh said examinations have been concludes about a month ago but faculties failed to check the copies. He said it is seriously careless attitude and it should not be continues.


Dr Singh said, faculties are demanding salary hike on pattern of IITs but not focusing on work like them.
He said in IITs students get their grading within 72 hours. He asked professors to complete the evaluation process in next 48 hours and result is getting delayed. According to sources, director has decided to hold the convocation ceremony on June 8 and declare the result before ceremony as chair person Geetha Bali is moving out of India in June third week.