Sarees worth Rs 2 cr gutted in fire
|Source: The Hitavada Date: 18 May 2017 11:12:44|
Sarees worth over Rs 2 crore were gutted in a major fire incident which took place at Mahalaxmi Cloth market on intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday.
Devendra Nagar police is investigating the matter. As per information received from Devendra Nagar police the fire broke out during mid-night at Deepti Saree Centre located at Mahalaxmi Cloth Market.
The on-duty watchman called the fire brigade and informed police. The incident took place at about 1:30 am. Five fire tenders were pressed into action. By the time fire brigade reached the spot, fire spread out to godown which was situated at the first floor of the shop. After 3 hours of restless efforts the fire was doused.
S N Akhtar, Station House Officer of Devendra Nagar informed media person that police received information at about 1:30 am and Sarees worth over Rs 2 crore was gutted in the incident. Police is further taking details of loss occurred in the fire incident and has asked the shop owner to furnish documents regarding claims.
The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) team visited the spot and collected samples. Short circuit is supposed to be the cause of fire as per preliminary investigation.
It may be recalled that three persons were charred to death and three were severely injured in a fire incident at MP Paint Industries at Bhanpuri. The injured are undergoing treatment at Om Hospital.