Motorbike accessories worth lakhs gutted after fire breaks out in godown

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 01 Jan 2018 14:13:06


Staff Reporter,

RAIPUR,

Dec 31,

A major fire broke out at the godown situated at 4th floor of a commercial building, near MG Road on Sunday at about 7:30 pm. A large quantify of motorbike accessories to the tune of several lakhs were gutted, even as the raging fire was doused by fire fighting teams in nearly 2 hours.

According to information received from police sources, the fire took place after some fire crackers (rockets) from a marriage ceremony at Dadabadi, in the close vicinity of the building, were fired upon. “Perhaps, as it is evident prima-facie, one of the stray rockets crash-landed on the 4th floor building and thereby triggering a massive fire eventually. The fire didn’t take place due to any electrical short circuit or malfunction,” said the police sources.

Sources informed that the place which caught fire on the 4th floor of the building houses godown of M/s Shubh Enterprises and M/s Uttam Stores, respectively. However, the godown was closed for business since the day being Sunday. The godown was being utilized for storing motor bike accessories and other goods.

Earlier, senior police officials including Station House Officer of Maudhapara Police station, Manjulata Rathore and Sub Inspector AP Sinha, had reached the spot soon after they were alerted about the fire. Roshan, a staff with a nearby hotel had intimated about the fire.