12 students take ill during de-worming

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 12 Feb 2018 10:25:03


Our Correspondent
SEONI,

Over a dozen school students of primary and middle school at village Bhilai under Ghansaur development block took ill on the National De-worming Day. Reportedly school students were administered de-worming medicine and later complained of vomit and giddiness. The students were administered the medicine on Friday. Of the children admitted in the sub-community health centre, nine with major complications were referred to community health centre. Apparently the students were given high potency medicine. As against the 15 milligram tablet they were given heavy dose of 400 milligram.
According to information, soon after the children complained of illness, they were rushed to nearby sub community health centre for treatment. On being informed, CEO Himanshu Kashyap reached the health centre and was apprised that out several students admitted, 9 students were suffering from complications.The CEO took the initiative and took the seriously nine indisposed students in his car to community health center Ghansaur.

During treatment of the students at Ghansaur CHC, tha lack of preparedness at the centre was exposed as the entire hospital was found stinking. Officers from local administration who reached at the CHC were forced to cover up their faces to step inside the children ward of the community health center. Besides the ailing students were denied blankets after which blankets were arranged from nearby NRC.

As per information, it was decided that since many students were young, they would given be 15 milligram tablet under the de-worming drive. However due to mismanagement of affairs, all students were given 400 milligram tablet that eventually caused reaction among the little ones.Other than the nine who were referred to community health centre, other students were discharged after first aid.