Goods worth one lakh gutted in locked house

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 04 Feb 2018 11:08:19


Staff Reporter,

PROPERTY worth over Rs 1 lakh was gutted in fire that broke out in a house in Napier Town on Saturday. No casualty was reported in the incident but household goods inside the house were reduced to ashes. Spokesman of Fire Department of Jabalpur Municipal Corporation (JMC) informed that Vatsal Shukla lives in Amitoj Apartment in Napier Town. At around 11 am, his neighbour saw fumes billowing from the house. They immediately informed Police Control Room about the incident.

Simultaneously, Fire Department was informed about the incident. Wasting no time, the department pressed a fire tender at the site. Within minutes, fire fighters reached the site. They saw fumes billowing out of the house which was locked. Fire fighters broke the door of the house and entered. Domestic articles kept inside the house were burning. Fire fighters had to toil hard for over 30 minutes to control and douse the fire. Household goods worth over Rs 1.50 lakh were gutted completely. Reason of fire incident could not be ascertained.