Coal supply company’s ‘trusted’ staffer flees with Rs 70 lakh cash

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 07 Apr 2018 09:01:17


Staff Reporter,

A ‘trusted’ employee of a coal supply company, instead of taking Rs 70 lakh cash to the employer’s house, vanished in the thin air with the cash. The incident was reported from the jurisdiction of Ganeshpeth Police Station, on Friday afternoon. According to police, accused Nilesh Pakhale (34), a resident of Radhaswami Nagar, Sai Baba Nagar, Kharbi, was working with the company for last four years. The company was into coal supply business. Nitin Upre (35), a resident of B-8, Godrej Anandam, and two others are co-owners of the company. They have their office at Dr Ambedkar Square on Central Avenue. In last four years of his employment, Pakhale became the ‘trusted’ man of Upre. For Pakhale, it was a routine to visit Upre’s residence on his moped. Later, he along with Upre used to leave for the office in latter’s BMW car daily. Pakhale was also handling the cash daily and it was his routine to take cash to Upre’s residence in the car.

Pakhale, on Friday, succumbed to his temptation to make it big and get wealthy. On Friday at 2 pm, Upre handed over him a bag containing Rs 70 lakh cash and asked him to deliver it to his home. Pakhale took the bag and left for Upre’s house in his car. He reached Godrej Anandam but instead of delivering the cash, he just handed over the car keys to the security guard and left with the bag containing the cash on his moped. When Pakhale did not return to office even after an hour, at 3 pm, Upre called him on his cellphone. On phone, Pakhale told Upre that he would never return to office and immediately switched off the phone.

Baffled, Upre then contacted Ganeshpeth Police Station and lodged a complaint against Nilesh Pakhale. Police registered a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code against Pakhale and started investigations. When a team of Crime Branch visited Pakhle’s house in Kharbi, the neighbours informed them that he came to the house at around 2 pm and left along with his wife, daughter and sister-in-law. Ganeshpeth police have contacted railway police and their counterparts in neighboring States for making a breakthrough in the case. Further investigations are underway.