House gutted in fire due to leakage in LPG tube

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 14 May 2018 10:32:59


 

Our Correspondent
WARASEONI

Massive fire broke out in the house of Sanjay Samar Damhorey, resident of ward number 14 under Kherlanjhi police station. The fire broke out due to leakage in LPG gas tube in the kitchen. The woman in the house went for a talks with her neighbour leaving the gas stove unattended. In the fire mishap property worth over lakhs of rupees was gutted as no casualty has been reported from the spot. The fire incident in the ward has exposed that in case of emergency no services from Fire Department are available to douse the fire.


According to information, in ward number 14 of Kherlanjhi household property worth over lakhs of rupees was gutted. Sanjay’s wife was cooking meal when she left home to talk to her neighbour and got busy talking to her. There was leakage in the LPG tube that got spread and caught fire. People saw smoke coming out from the home which made the family realise the damage done. By the time they could reach the spot, it was late as the fire spread across the home. On being informed people in large number reached the spot to douse the fire and managed to douse the fire. With no fire services in the city, large scale loss of property was reeported.
The fire proved costly to the family as household goods namely fridge, cooler, fan, dressing table, cot and other valuables were completely gutted. The fire was extinguished after water tankers from municipality were pressed into service. The fire incident has cause resentment among ward people who have demanded to set up Fire Department in the city as in case of fire, fire brigades are called either from Balaghat or from Waraseoni.