Property worth lakhs gutted in 2 incidents

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 09 May 2018 10:47:59


 

Staff Reporter

PROPERTY worth lakhs was gutted in fire that broke out at two places in the city on Tuesday. Fire fighters had to toil hard to douse fire in time. Spokesman of Fire Department of Jabalpur Municipal Corporation informed that a grocery shop at Nariyal-wali-gali in Niwadganj caught fire at about 6.30 am, on Tuesday. Within few minutes of the incident, some passers-by saw fumes billowing from the shop. They immediately informed the shop owner Manoj Gupta, who lives on first floor about the incident. Meanwhile, they also informed Fire Department of the incident. Wasting no time the department pressed four fire tenders into action. After reaching the site fire fighters saw fumes billowing from the shop. They immediately started rescue operation and doused fire within few minutes. In the incident, grocery items worth over Rs 25,000 was gutted. Another fire incident occurred at Subhash Colony where the house of TTE Shrivastava reportedly caught fire at about 3 am. Neighbours saw fumes billowing from the house. They informed Shrivastava family about the incident and toiled hard to douse the fire but their efforts proved futile. Domestic articles fridge, TV, cooler, washing machine etc were gutted.