Group clash leaves 1 dead, another injured

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 08 Jun 2018 10:28:40


Staff Reporter 


A group of 10 to 12 youths brutally assaulted two youths at Aditya Nagar on Wednesday midnight following a dispute over car parking. The youth who sustained severe injuries was rushed to the hospital and he died in the wee hours of Thursday while the engineering student was undergoing treatment in the District Hospital.
Police suspect old rivalry in the case and are investigating the matter after registering offence against the unidentified accused youths under sections 147, 148, 149, 307 and 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). A dozen suspects have also been detained by the police in this connection and interrogations were in progress till filing of this report.
According to information, the deceased Nitish Sharma (28 years), son of Lal Dev, native of Ambagarh Chowk used to live in a rented house at Aditya Nagar. After completing Polytechnic from a college at Ahiwara he was reportedly employed in Reliance Jio Company.
A couple of days ago, his friend Shiva Sharma (32 years) came from Bilaspur to appear in the backlog engineering exams.
On Wednesday night, they went to a Dhaba and after purchasing food returned to Aditya Nagar and while parking the car near Kushabhau Thakre Bhavan, they allegedly abused a youth standing nearby following arguments.
Sources confirmed that 10 to 12 youths soon gathered on the spot and they badly and
brutally thrashed both the
victims. The assailants armed with rods, sticks and knife later fled the scene.
Nitish sustained severe injuries and was rushed to District Hospital in Sanjeevani 108 ambulance from where he was referred to JLN Hospital, Sector-9. From Sector-9 Hospital he was again shifted to Chandulal Chandrakar Hospital where he died while undergoing treatment on Thursday morning. Meanwhile, his friend Shiva who also sustained injuries on his chest, cheeks, head and shoulder was undergoing treatment in the District Hospital.
Although initial police investigations suggested the fight to be outcome of arguments over car parking issue, the police have also not ruled out the possibility of the case to be a result of old rivalry.
Meanwhile the body of the deceased, whose father is a CSEB employee, was shifted to mortuary for post-mortem and it was later handed over to his elder brother Rajneesh who arrived from Ambagarh Chowki. Sources confirmed that around a week ago, Nitish had visited his parents at Ambagarh.
Meanwhile, Mohan Nagar Police have registered an offence against the unidentified accused and have launched a massive hunt to trace the absconding unidentified youths.