Zone Commissioners, Health Officers failing to appear in a crucial meet served show cause notices n Staff Reporter

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 10 Jul 2018 11:35:04


 

 

 

 

 


RAIPUR

Mayor served show cause notices to the Zone Commissioners and Zone Health Officers for failing to appear in a crucial meeting he held to review the sanitation arrangements of the Capital city on Monday. Meeting saw attendance of entire Mayor-in-Council, Opposition and ranks of senior Raipur Municipal Corporation (RMC) officials gathered to scope out the state of sanitation in 70 wards. All the Corporators suggested removing encroachments from the sewers so as to clean them up thoroughly. They also advised listing and fining the homes who aren’t using the door-to-door to garbage collection service. Strict actions on littering, and complete ban on polythene carry bag, and disposables utensils. The responsibility to monitor all these things shall be on the Zone Commissioners and Zone Health Officers.


MSW Solutions Limited Ramki Group’s Raipur project Head Yogesh Kumar told them that they are running the door-to-door garbage collection in all the wards of Zone-2, 4 and 7, and ward 16 & 60 of Zone-5. Portable compactor vehicles have been deployed for the job. The waste disposal plant that the company was constructing has been 40 percent completed. Remaining 60 percent would be done within a year and production of 6 megawatt electricity will also begin as per terms and conditions of the agreement signed with the RMC. Presently, the garbage collected from 30 wards is being dumped at Sarona. Once the plant is completed, this dumped waste will be transported to the there. Company has also marked out 13 places for portable compactors. They can load up to 25 garbage vehicles. Two more such portable compactors have been delivered to the company on Monday and 2 more will arrive in next 3 to 4 days.


In the meantime, Mayor ordered Additional Commissioner Ashish Tikriha to issue show cause notices to the Zone Commissioners, Zone Health Officials and Health Inspectors, who remained absent from meeting despite the order. He also expressed displeasures when he was told that a garbage vehicle is sitting idle for the wanting of tire in ward. Since, RMC is the grade-A City Corporation, such things should be happening here. Zone officials immediately report such issues to them; he will release the money from Mayor’s fund. Mayor also gave many necessary directions and suggestions for the proper function of the sanitation system in the City.