Satna rape victim airlifted to AIIMS Delhi

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 04 Jul 2018 14:58:48



The condition of the 4-year-old victim was stable and she was shifted to AIIMS as a precautionary measure

Our Correspondent

The 4-year-old rape victim was airlifted to All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for providing better medical treatment. The condition of the girl has been statted as stable while she was undergoing treatment at the hospital but she was rushed to AIIMS as a precautionary measure.
It may be noted that a youth, in a monstrous act, abducted the 4-year-old girl when she was sleeping in her house situated in Panna Mohalla under Uchehra police station. The miscreant brutally raped the little girl at a farm situated 1.5-kilometre from the village. Having a doubt that the girl died, the accused returned home and left her laying unconscious at the farm.

Superintendent of Police, Dr. Rajesh Hingankar, while talking to ‘The Hitavada’, informed that the condition of girl was stable but she was airlifted to AIIMS, New Delhi just as a precautionary measure. SP Dr Hingankar informed that police have already arrested the accused, Mahendra Singh Gond (25), son of Kodulal Gond, a resident of Panna Mohalla in Uchehra. District Government Hospital, Civil Surgeon, Dr S B Singh informed that the rape victim was given the best medical treatment and was under continuous observation of a three members panel of senior Gynecologists comprised of Civil Surgeon, Dr R K Tiwari, Dr Preetika Singh and Dr Rekha Tripathi. Earlier, District Collector, Mukesh Shukla reached the hospital and sought information about health of the girl. He provided immediate financial relief of Rs. 20,000 to family members of the victim and sought information about preparation for airlifting of the victim.

SHO of Uchehra police station, Sub Inspector, Rajesh Sharma informed that the accused already confessed the abduction and rape of the 4-year-old girl. Police have presented the accused before the court on Tuesday and he was sent in five days judicial remand.