‘Country heading towards sustainable growth’

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 26 Aug 2018 10:02:41


 

Business Bureau,

PRAISING the efforts of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Government at the Centre, Dr Vinayak Govilkar, renowned chartered accountant and economist on Saturday said that the country is heading towards sustainable growth and becoming one of the fastest growing economies of the world.


While speaking on the topic - ‘Bharatiya Arthavyawastha: Dasha and Disha’ at the first Late Bhausaheb Chandrayan Memorial Lecture organised here by Centre for Development Research (CDR) in association with The Institution of Engineers, he further said that significant changes are being witnessed in the country as the Government is giving due importance to agriculture and manufacturing sectors and changing the scenario.


Prominently present were Dr Kapil Chandrayan, President of CDR, Dr Vinayak Deshpande, former Vice-Chancellor of RTMNU, Dr Dilip Mase, President of The Institution of Engineers and Dr Milind Pathak, Secretary.


“We take pride in our services sector which contributes 56 per cent of the gross domestic product (GDP) of the country while agriculture and manufacturing contribute the remaining 44 per cent. For a long time, the agriculture and manufacturing sectors have been neglected,” said Govilkar with reference to his book ‘Modinomics’. For agriculture development, Government has introduced Kisan Sampada Yojana and e-NAM to address the challenges of providing good price, storage, transportation, cold chain management and marketing.Similarly, Government has increased spending on infrastructure like connecting rural roads with highways for efficient transportation. For manufacturing, the Government has introduced Start-up India, Stand Up India, MUDRA, etc.


Govilkar, in his book, provides a deep analysis on the various initiatives of the PM with supportive data and references. Government, in its four years of office, has implemented revolutionary changes like demonetisation and GST. Earlier, the country was referred to as a developing economy and today it is referred to as an emerging economy. On the occasion, Dr Govilkar’s book ‘Modinomics’ was unveiled by the dignitaries.