6 held in Akbarpur murder case

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 10 Jan 2019 12:07:59


Staff Reporter,

Decomposed body with hands and legs tied found in well on December 30

With the arrest of six persons, including two minors, Kolar police have claimed to solve the blind murder case of a youth whose decomposed body with hands and legs tied was found in a well located near Mile Stone School in Akbarpur village on December 30, DIG Dharmendra Choudhary said while interacting with mediapersons at the police control room on Wednesday.

According to DIG Choudhary, the identity of deceased was established as a bus conductor Nafees Khan (20) of Khandwa district, after his father Basheer Khan established deceased’s identity as his son. A missing person’s complaint was also lodged by Basheer Khan with Kotwali police station on January 2 after he went missing from December 19.Those arrested in the murder case include Deepak Tezi alias Action (29), Rajendra Verma (25), Manoj Gour (25), Ashu Trukmane (18) and two minor boys. A motorbike and airgun used in the crime has also been seized by the Kolar police.

DIG said that based on the specific inputs of an informer, on Tuesday involvement of Deepak Tezi, a resident of Kanha Kunj slum, who is habitual offender of Kolar area was found in the murder case after which he was nabbed. During interrogation, he confessed that two days before Christmas when he along with his friend Ashu was heading toward Kolar area from Char Imli, they saw Nafees near ISI Park. Victim Nafees as well as Deepak and Ashu were in an inebriated state at that time, and while riding the bike, Deepak kicked Nafees after which the angry victim told them don’t dare to pick fight with him as he was a murder accused and came to Bhopal from Khandwa to avert from being arrested by the police.

After knowing this fact, both the accused Deepak and Ashu, decided to blackmail Nafees and extort money from him by threatening of informing police about him. Later, they kidnapped him at gunpoint which was in reality airgun and took him to a desolated house near a poultry farm where they called other accomplices and they demanded Rs 50,000 from Nafees and contact number of his family members to which victim denied.Angry over it, they thrashed the victim black and blue and when he fell unconscious, they tied his hands and legs with a rope after which they thrown unconscious Nafees alive in a well resulted in his death.