SC/ST/OBC, OBC Mahasangh, Minorities Sanyukta Morcha observe C’garh Bandh

Source: The Hitavada      Date: 11 Feb 2019 11:01:21


 

Staff Reporter,

RAIPUR,

SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Sanyukta Morcha and OBC Mahasangh Chhattisgarh had called on ‘Chhattisgarh Bandh’ to press for the demand of 52 per cent reservation in accordance to their population ratio on Sunday.  In this context, a ‘Nyay Adhikar Pad Yatra’ march was taken out Bilaspur to Raipur from February 2 to 7, 2019. Farmer leader Nandkumar Baghel had flagged off the march, which had participation of nearly 100 members.


The marchers ran public awareness along the route and reached Khamtarai, where they were greeted near Dr Ambedkar’s statue on February 7. Pragatisheel Satnami Samaj Chhattisgarh, Sarva Samaj Chhattisgarh, Gada Samaj Chhattisgarh, Adivasi Samaj Chhattisgarh, Bhatrisangh Chhattisgarh, Christian Alliance Chhattisgarh, Buddha Mahasabha Chhattisgarh, Moolnivasi Youth Front Chhattisgarh, and other organisations have backed up the Bharat and Chhattisgarh bandh.


Sankyukta Morcha demanded that general category should get reservation according to their ratio of 15 per cent whereas the remaining 85 per cent should be given to SC/ST/OBC and religious minorities according to their population ratio. This will finish the acrimony on the name of reservation once and for all.  The association claimed the Bandh was a success across State. Many people took part in the agitation in Janjgir-Champa, Kasdol, Gariaband, Bhatapara, Balodabazaar, Durg, Kondagaon, Jagdalpur, Manpur etc.


The association also sent a memorandum to Chief Minister containing demands as 52 per cent reservation to OBC category in all the fields such as education, politics, jobs and private sector, restore the SC reservation to 16 per cent, which was reduced to present level of 4 per cent, creamy layer limit for SC and ST should be fixed at Rs 2.50 lakh and for OBC at 6 lakh. Implement 200 point roster for recruitment in central universities, SC/ST categories have grown up to 25
per cent of the population, so they should get 25 per cent reservation, and give reservation in promotion in the Chhattisgarh High Court.